Thursday, February 22, 2007

in desperate need of new lingo

My super cute (and persuasive) cousin, Nandi, was passing the quarter century mark and requested a Vegas trip to celebrate the occassion. Being the accomodating person i am *wink* we agreed to go even after we found out that NBA all star weekend was happening at the same time. I have never seen Vegas like this. Trash, flash, hookers, gold teeth and multiple arrests - that just about summed up the experience. It was an excercise in patience. After all that the one word that was used to sum up the experience was "hoodrich" and that left me thinking 404 we need some new lingo.


Whats the next big thing now that bling is banished from the vocab and boozhetto never really went "mainstream?" I'm takin all good suggestions.


On to my obsessions...the first one is inspired by a "costume" my fashion-able friend Nadia wore to a 70's themed bday party.



I am feeling the sequin jacket for the spring evening or even if you want to be the baddest bitch during the day with obvious obsession - jeans. Check out a growing obsession, iilsi, the husband and wife designer team out of NY.






Dresses are always tall order in spring and I am loving the grecian inspired looks for the spring and summer...check out this one I found musing on one of my fav sites Pink Mascara.







Gadgets are always a girls second best friend, and "the rabbit" does count as a gadget *wink*. These little wooden speakers are a new fav I found on Shiny Shiny. I like the contrast between the olski wolski look of the wood and the concept of blasting the new Sean Paul riddim from the Razr.
The best gadgets are the ones you can live without, but WHY? I am holding out for the iPhone...


love,
mac obsessed
Fleeter

No comments: