Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blog, cook book and sheer inspiration

I am a food blog junkie! I love the photos, the stories and the bloggers themselves. When one of my food bloggers does a series of posts that I don't like, I feel betrayed, like I don't even know them anymore. I know it's dramatic, but I take my food blogs seriously! Lick my spoon is an absolute favorite. I follow her on foodbuzz, but it wasn't until a co-worker was talking about the blog last week that I rediscovered my affinity for her style, especially when it comes to root veggies.

I found the mac and cheese with butternut squash recipe and had to make this for Valentine's Day dinner. I made a few adjustments, using whole wheat pasta and went without the gingersnaps and pecans to keep thinks simple. I served it with a classic chicken piccata and a fantastic peach and berry cobbler I picked up from my other foodie crush, Ina Garten's cookbook Barefoot Contessa at Home. Check out the ooowey goowey goodness.

For my next blog, cookbook and sheer inspiration meal I am going to make G. Garvin's slow-roasted lamb shanks, my "it's all-green" salad and these sweet potato biscuits.

It's All Green Salad
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
1 large ripe avocado cubed
Diced green onions
1 diced green chilli pepper
Cracked black pepper
Toss with 1/4 cup each of extra virgin olive oil and rice vinegar

Can't wait to plate this up!

No comments: